This comes as no surprise given that Paramount has withdrawn Star Trek from its release calendar for the time being. The announcement follows the departure of director Matt Shakman from the project a month ago. The process of looking for a new director has begun.
The feature film, starring Chris Pine and written by Lindsey Beer and Geneva Robertson-Dworet, who are the first women to write for the feature film franchise, was scheduled to be released on December 22 of the following year.
The premiere of Star Trek was initially scheduled for June 9, 2023, but it was later moved to December 22, 2023.
The current Star Trek movie trilogy that was produced by J.J. Abrams (he directed two of them) and starred young versions of the legacy TV characters made a total of $1.96 billion at the box office.
Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, and Simon Pegg are all expected to play the same roles they did in the first three movies in the series.
READ MORE ARTICLES:
- Shakira was ordered to stand trial in Spain for alleged tax fraud
- Hailey Bieber addresses Selena Gomez crossover rumors:
- ONYX CTY2 60-mile e-bike drops to $3,500 in New Green Deals
- Pregnant Chrissy Teigen’s Baby Bump After a Fun Outing
- How j-hope made music history three years ago–with a soda on the side