The current bills will still be accepted as payment. The Bank of England said Tuesday that new pound banknotes with a picture of King Charles III will be ready by the end of the year and will be in use by mid-2024.
His Majesty’s portrait will be on all four polymer banknotes that already have been designed, “the statement said. “This will be a continuation of the current polymer series, and there will be no more changes to the designs of the banknotes.”
Queen Elizabeth II died on September 8. Her picture is on all banknotes right now.
In line with advice from the Royal Household to make the change of monarch as easy on the environment and the economy as possible, Queen Elizabeth II notes that are already in circulation will continue to be used.
Current banknotes will still be accepted as payment, and they will only be taken out of circulation when they are too worn or damaged to be used. They will be sent out at the same time as those with King Charles 3.
READ MORE ARTICLES:
- Possible Bray Wyatt Easter Egg Spotted In Latest WWE Extreme Rules Graphics
- Next ‘Star Trek’ Unset From Paramount Release Calendar
- Shakira was ordered to stand trial in Spain for alleged tax fraud
- Hailey Bieber addresses Selena Gomez crossover rumors:
- Marvel’s ‘Blade’ Loses Director Bassam Tariq